Monday, February 8, 2010

Report on the Tubbs Romp to Stomp Out Breast Cancer Snowshoe Event




Volunteers arrived while it was still dark. My boys and I slapped off the alarm clock way to early. Pulled on snowshoe clothes. Drove throught the dark to Mountain Dell and sat in the car with the heater running while all the volunteers arrived. We hauled, snowshoed, cheered, poured water and chatted with all the great snowshoers clad in pink boas, hula skirts, capes, pink sunglasses, pink lipstick and pink beanies. My boys and I manned the water station at the 1/2 way point. I'd do that again. Watching all the snowshoers with their teams, friends, and happy spirits was just fun. A 3K or 5K option, and most opted for the 5K. Tubbs raised over $22,000 this year! A great success! I was impressed with the husbands and boyfriends who decked up and snowshoed with their wives. There were moms with babies in packs and even kids trying out their snowshoe legs. Volunteer or race...I recommend either. It's one of those good energy events.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment