Thursday, April 1, 2010

Park City Powder



Yesterday I skied with Ski Utah for their member networking day. As our fantastic luck would have it, we were dished a full dish of powder all day long. This was the new best day of the year! The resort was plenty busy, but it was near white-out conditions most of the day and thus the constantly falling snow was refilling the mountain on every run. Good friends to ski with and great powder. I thought I'd just stay a few hours and test out my new ski boots (finally!), but it was so good I just kept getting back on the lift! Jeff Lewis, an instructor at Park City and good friend, lead us around the resort to fine stashes and Bill Weidner and I found some great runs in McKonkey (SP?) Bowl. I'm using the techniques I learned in the Snowbird clinic and the new skill is helping me to carve instead of power my turns. It makes it easier to ski. More than once, as I literally carved between trees in a foot of powder I said, "Thank you God for this run! Thank you for this day! Thank you for this snow!"

No comments:

Post a Comment