Saturday, March 13, 2010

Snowbird Ski Camp




I watch the snow fall past the 10-foot tall picture window as I eat my $15 cheese burger and let my feet rest from my torturous boots. Four days of elite ski instruction on one of the greatest ski mountains in the world. I'm staying at the Cliff Lodge, so after a day's tutelage I can ski in, put my skis in the locker (love that), and head straight to my room. No driving down the windy road in bad conditions. No waking up early every morning to be here in time. I love staying on the hill. I also feel pampered beyond belief because it's just me spread out in this king-size bed, looking out the huge window in my room out to the pool, jacuzzi, and ski slope. My teachers are giving me techniques to practice and helping me drive my ski with finesse instead of power. Great classes by MerMer Blakeslee a national PSIA Demo Team member. Great snow! A great time! Write to mountainschool@snowbird.com for info. on going. I highly recommend it! Two camps each year - one in January and one in March! Definitely the highlight of my ski season. Thanks Snowbird!

No comments:

Post a Comment