Friday, October 15, 2010

Best Hikes Near Salt Lake City


25 trails in 2 months. That's where I have been...out on the trail. The first of August, Falcon Guides contracted with me to write their Best Hikes Near Salt Lake City guidebook and I've been racing against the weather to get as much research done as possible before snow comes and we are out enjoying the snowshoe trails and ski runs. It's been a big hiking year!Miss Molly and the boys have made a few runs with me. The Meet-Up hiking groups have been key, and friends have filled in the hiking gaps.

Davis County, Weber County, Salt Lake County, Utah County...I only wish I were going slower and savoring each moment, instead I feel like I'm just ticking them off as fast as I can. The good side - burning some calories. The down side - missing out on contemplative spiritual moments the trails offer.

Maybe it's time to take the last few trails of the season and head out alone and find some time to meld with the energy of the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment